Tuesday 26 July 2011

Thing 8: Google Calendar

I have to say, I don't really think I am going to be using Google Calendar that much as I have an Outlook one at work that I use. I also have access to an Outlook calendar for the library enquiries desk which sits along side my one where you can enter if you are going to be busy and, therefore, not able to sit on the desk. I do like the idea of the Google calendar giving you a map if you are going to somewhere you have never been before. So may use it if I am ever going to somewhere for the first time. I also like the fact that Google Calendar can be added to my iGoogle page. I think Google Calendar would be good for a workplace that did not have Outlook calendars or similar as you can get multiple users on a calendar but I don't think I will use it that much as I already have something similar.

One thing that Google calendar may be helpful for is home, we used to have a paper calendar at our old flat, which was very useful for when I had to remind my boyfriend that I had to work late or had a meeting or a course to attend and he had to get his own dinner (or ready meal). So, if I can get our calendars to link up, then this would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment