Friday 2 September 2011

Thing 4: RSS Feeds, Twitter, Pushnote

Ok, back from a week's hols in sunny Norfolk, seeing the family and catching up and onto Thing 4.

Twitter: I feel I am quite proactive with this, I use Twitter, although I only log onto it at certain times of the day, so I may miss some things, I also like the fact that you can have hastags for events, as these can be good if you are unable to attend the event although, I'm not sure if I have completely understood how this works yet. We have a Twitter page at work, which I feel can be quite helpful for putting what the library is doing out there. One thing I was impressed with a few months ago on Twitter is when the University of Warwick I think had a very quick, 'tell us what you like/don't like about the library in one tweet' that seemed to be an effective way of garnering feedback from the students without having to recourse to a long and involved questionaire, I would also be interested in what the response rate was if there are any Warwick librarians following this blog as we put out a questionaire last year and it did not have a very good response rate.

RSS: Again an area where I am already quite proactive, the Google Reader is a godsend as it allows me to post the URL of whichever blog I want to follow and then they notify me when something new has been posted, a lot easier and quicker than remembering to go round all of the blogs, especially as I now follow 121 of them.

Pushnote: not used yet, I can't see how I would use this tool at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment